We've been talking to electricity consumers, the electricity sector, and social agencies across Aotearoa, and have heard that many consumers:
- struggle to pay for electricity, and
- are concerned that the price they pay may not be right.
As part of our role to advocate on behalf of small electricity consumers, we're addressing this by:
- making submissions on decisions that will affect the way consumers are charged for electricity
- talking with the Government, regulators, and others in the energy sector about pricing
- highlighting the issue of fair pricing in the media, to bring it to the attention of a wider audience.